Services at St. Mary’s Baldock
Sundays at St Mary's Baldock
- 8am: A quiet communion service using traditional words with a sermon. The service lasts about 30 minutes.
- 9.30am: Our main act of worship for the week. Usually this is Parish Communion on the 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th Sunday of the month, with Communion for All Ages on the 3rd Sunday of the month. Majestic organ, robed choir, insightful preaching and relaxed inclusive liturgical worship with a smile might describe our style. Sometimes we have a music group or the Praise Be Band. Often we have imaginative ideas to surprise us with the presence of God. We cater for children either with Junior Church or in All Age services. There is a corner for pre-school children who need a bit of time out with colouring, books and quiet toys.
- Messy Church is aimed at young families. This takes place on the 1st Sunday of the month at 11.30am. We start with craft and activities on a theme and a short act of worship joining it all together, and finish with lunch.
- Choral Evensong takes place three or four times a year at 6pm on a Sunday evening. See our events page for details of the next one.
Wednesdays at St Mary's Baldock
- 9.30am: A communion service in church. This is a really friendly welcoming event.
- 10.30am: Tiny Tots in church. Half an hour of singing action songs, an interactive bible story and a blessing at the altar. All pre-school children and their carers welcome. Followed by coffee (and colouring!)
Daily Prayer at St Mary's Baldock
Nearly every day we hold Morning and Evening Prayer. 20 minutes of peace at around 8.40am and 4.30pm (See news sheet for precise dates and times as these change). A good opportunity if you want someone to pray with.
Toddlers at St Mary's Baldock
Every Wednesday at 10.30am: Tiny Tots in church. Half an hour of singing action songs, an interactive bible story and a blessing at the altar. All pre-school children and their carers welcome. Followed by coffee (and colouring!)
Children and Young people at St Mary's Baldock
We have various groups and activities both in worship and at other times during the week. Contact us for more details.